Thursday, August 03, 2006

suburban alleyway decor













On the face of it, my neighborhood is pretty dull. But the more that I walk around I notice odd little things that seem to tell interesting stories. People around here seem to have a penchant for doing novel things with their gardens and the little areas at the back or the side of their homes. Here's a display that someone created that I find quite intriguing. It's basically a small pool surrounded by rocks with a some climbing leaves and a mirror in the middle. There are some fairy lights and beads around the edge of the mirror which look nice at night. It struck me as quite odd when I first saw it but it's really quite pretty. It certainly makes the alleyway more interesting. It also has a bit of an eerie quality, especially at night.






1 Comments:

Blogger phlegmfatale said...

The pool and mirror in the alleyway is a bit odd. They should have a little rubber 'gator in it or soemthing.

8/15/06, 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home