Tuesday, September 12, 2006

rust and neon: Midtown Cleaners and Tailors




















This is Midtown Cleaners and Tailors on Hamline and Larpenteur. I guess the owners have no plans to spruce up this lovely sign (it's been out of order for the five years that I've lived in the neighborhood). This isn't a particularly spectacular example of snazzy signage but I like it for its simplicity. I imagine that it used to look pretty cool when it was working. The little star is nice. Come on Midtown, get it fixed and I'll bring my suit in...

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Just trying to imagine you in a suit... Beautiful English job?

9/13/06, 3:51 PM  
Blogger . said...

nah, Goodwill retro rack.

9/14/06, 7:50 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

oooh, squeals of delight here. I LOVE the swooping star sign - indeed, I'm in love with its twin here in Dallas. I'll show it soon. Great sign, and it's good to see a new entry here.

9/16/06, 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow love that exposed star!

9/18/06, 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home